Clients who are missing all or some of their teeth can regain the ability to eat, speak and smile via full or partial dentures. For patients with missing teeth, there are a variety of options. These could include dental implants, partial or complete dentures. In Halifax, our team at Santé Dental will tailor a solution to fit the budget and needs of the patient.
If a person is missing all of their teeth, then a complete set of dentures could provide a new quality of life for them. The same goes for those with only some missing teeth, for which partial dentures could be an option. Everyone’s teeth are different so the appropriate solution is something to discuss with your local Halifax dentist.
Here are a few useful tips for denture care:
- Keep your dentures moist when storing them. This could be using plain water or a specific solution for dentures.
- Treat your dentures like real teeth, with regular flossing and twice daily brushing.
- Brush your gums with a soft bristled brush to encourage circulation.
- It is important to keep your mouth clean before placing in the dentures.
- If the dentures are loose or need readjusting, let a dentist do this. Dentures are specific to a person’s mouth so it could cause complications if you attempt it.
- Make sure to consult a dentist for any issues with dentures
Implant Supported Dentures
There is another method that utilizes implants to anchor the dentures. Some patients find that their dentures become loose over time, causing great inconvenience when eating or speaking. If you are looking for dentures in Halifax that use implant technology, Santé Dental may be able to provide you a set with a stable, durable hold.
As with all dental procedures, you should contact a dentist. Halifax practice Santé Dental is here for all your denture and implant needs. Click here to request an appointment.
We also provide a French speaking service. Venez nous voir a Santé dental pour une dentiste Français en Halifax.